A Practitioner's guide to the supernatural in Greece and Rome. Magic rings through the stories of the ancient world: witches turn hapless travelers into pigs, or brew poisons to aid in emperor's schemes; dragons guard treasures, outmaneuvered only by powerful sorcery; heroes descent into the Underworld- and make it back out again.
In Ancient Magic, you will learn how to:
- exorcise demons and ward off the Evil Eye
- have a magical romance (though you may accidentally poison your partner)
- cleanse your house of lurking spirits
- decipher a sibyl's slippery prophecy
- craft a curse worthy of the Furies
- divine the future from omens and entrails
- identify and cure a werewolf's bite
- command spirits and demons to carry out your bidding
- summon the dead-providing you have a sacrificial lamb and hand...
- by Philip Matyszak