Let's Bring Back... Cocktail Edition
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart
At last, here's your excuse to catch up. Introducing Let's Bring Back: The Cocktail Edition, a compendium of long-forgotten libations due for a revival. Culled from ancient times through the 1960s, these delectable vintage cocktails are by turns fizzy and silken, sweet and tart, lethal and prim. Some of them are absurd, several are sentimental, while others are outright scandalous. They include:
- Angel's Tit - Guaranteed to shock goody-goodies
- Du Barry - To get your mistress into the mood
- Green-Eyed Monster - To serve to frenemies
- Monkey Gland - An unlikely fountain of youth
- Runt's Ambition - Serve this to men with Napoleon Complex
Throughout this illustrated tome, Lesley M. M. Blume divulges colorful cocktail history and barroom wisdom alongside one hundred and forty-four recipes that will delight aperitif aficionados for years to come. Whether you're toasting to an unexpected windfall, treating a malediction, or simply need an occasion to let your hair down, Let's Bring Back: The Cocktails Edition has the bevvy for you.
- 8-1/4" x 5-1/2"
- By Lesley M. M. Blume
- Illustrations by Grady McFerrin